Having my good friend Jay on Words With Friends was a pleasure for me, and now I get to join him as a guest on his podcast: Standing Ovation, dedicated to professional speakers telling the stories of their stories.
Some of the highlights were:
- How my signature story came from a story I hated
- Why adaptability and creativity are the foundations of the best stories and speakers
- What comedic timing can do to maximize your impact
- How being unpolished is more important than being perfect
- Why giving yourself permission to play will improve your talk
- How to work out your worth (and subsequently, your fee)
- Why you should embrace being the bread, not the filling
As you can tell, I revealed a lot about what makes a successful speaker and a successful speaker business.
I hope it helps you to achieve the success you’re prepared to work for.
You can listen to it below or on the Standing Ovation website.